Thursday, May 19, 2011

To be or not to be....

...a vegetarian.

I am dumb. I watched a video on animal slaughter and was ready to become a vegetarian. I understand that we have billions of people to feed in this world and it's hard to kill an animal in a nice way, but we have to change something. It's just life long suffering and then we kill them in the most brutal way. It's like the people doing the killing forget they are living things. It should be a quick and swift death, not long drawn out and painful. I don't know I just was disgusted with what I saw.

I thought to myself...Hey I was vegan for quite a while when I was younger! It's really not a big deal to not eat meat. I like it, but I like vegetarian food too. I can do this! I use soy milk in my coffee already. Then I looked down at my prized possession...My Coach purse is made of leather!!!! Not just that, I have leather seats in my car, the gummy vitamins made with gelatin that I eat every morning, and much more. How can I say to myself...I won't eat meat because of animal cruelty, but look at my new Coach purse! :-/

I feel I try to do my part. For the most part all my body products are not tested on animals. I used body wash that is from the Body Shop. My face creams and shampoo's are Aveda. I use mostly 7th gen products for cleaning and I try to bring reusable bags grocery shopping.

Does every little bit truly help?

My manager said to just do my best. Whatever made me feel better is what I should do. That's what Eric said too. I just don't want to be labeled a hypocrite.  I don't eat meat, but by golly I wear it! Dammit....

2 comments:

  1. Eat Kosher meat--they ONLY kill the animal in a quick painless way and they have to observe each animal's death to make sure that it was not in pain when it died because that's how God said to kill animals for food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ariele... watch some kosher slaughter.

    ReplyDelete